Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Collaboration (CCIE)
The CCIE Collaboration certification is for Collaboration Architects, Unified Communications Architects, or Voice and Video Network Managers who are responsible for the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex collaboration solutions. The certification is an expert-level certification that ensures that you gain knowledge and experience in collaboration solutions integration and interoperation, configuration, and troubleshooting in complex networks and the challenges of video, mobility, and presence as the foundation for workplace collaboration solutions.
Our expertise in providing voice, video, IM, presence, and call center solutions and training will prepare you to deploy collaboration systems and services that increase user productivity improve the experience for you customers and are adaptable and provide a seamless user experience
Step One: CCIE Collaboration Written Exam
You must pass the two-hour, written qualification exam covering those technologies and applications that comprise a Cisco Enterprise Collaboration solution before you are eligible to schedule the lab exam.
- Written Exam Information
- Schedule and Pay Information for the Written Exam
- Revision to CCIE and CCDE Written Exams Retake Policy (effective August 2, 2014)
Step Two: CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam
The eight-hour lab exam tests your ability to get the collaboration solution operating in a timed test situation. You must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18-months of passing the CCIE written exam. If you do not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, you must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.
- Lab Exam Information
- Schedule and Pay Information for the Lab Exam
- Revision to CCIE Lab Exams Retake Policy (effective August 2, 2014)
There are no formal prerequisites for CCIE certification. Other professional certifications or training courses are not required. Instead, candidates must first pass a written qualification exam and then the corresponding hands-on lab exam. You are expected to have an in-depth understanding of the topics on the exams and strongly encouraged to have three to five years of job experience before attempting certification.
400-051 CCIE Collaboration Written Exam
CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam
CCIEs Are Required to Recertify Every Two Years.
Active CCIE status shows your commitment to maintaining expert-level knowledge in an industry critical to the success of virtually every organization. CCIEs are encouraged to continually expand their technical knowledge and are required to pass a recertification exam every two years. If you do not complete your recertification before the deadlines, your CCIE certification will be suspended and you and your employer will lose the benefits associated with your expert status. You have one year to reinstate your CCIE status before you become inactive and must begin the certification process all over again.
- Your recertification deadline can be viewed online anytime (with login) at Certification Status.
- Subsequent recertification deadlines are always based on your original certification date, not on when you took your last recertification exam.
- To maintain active status, every 24-months CCIEs are required to pass one of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam OR CCIE Lab Exam or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
- CCIE certification automatically extends other Cisco Certifications, such as CCNP or CCNA.
- Candidates can only apply one passed written exam towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period.
- Candidates must wait five calendar days between attempts at the written exam.
- Certification candidates are responsible for keeping track of their certification expiration dates. Please plan your recertification accordingly. If your CCIE recertification requirements are not completed on or before the certification's expiration date, your CCIE certification will be suspended for one year. Candidates have one year to recertify their CCIE certification by passing the required written exam. If a candidate does not recertify prior to the one year deadline and your employer will be notified. Suspended candidates have one year to recertify their CCIE certification by passing the required written exam or practical lab before their expert level certification becomes permanently inactive. Inactive CCIE professionals lose all benefits and must pass both the CCIE written and lab or CCDE written or practical exams again.
- Achieving or recertifying CCIE automatically extends your active Entry, Associate, Professional or other Expert level certification(s), or Specialist certifications up to the expiration date of the latest CCIE, CCDE or CCAr certification achieved.
- Be sure to use the same ID number you were assigned for your original qualification exam to ensure your profile is updated accurately. If you have any questions about which ID number to use, contact CCIE support.
Recertification Exams Available
Written exams are two-hour, multiple-choice exams available at any worldwide Pearson VUE testing center. Schedule and pay for exams online with the testing vendor.