Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Any valid Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA), or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Recommended training for this certification
- 210-260 IINS
CCNA Security certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current IINS exam or
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams, MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Security certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Security certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).
Please note, until November 30th 2015 individuals are also able to pass the IINS v2.0 exam (640-554) to achieve CCNA Security certification.
Delegates are advised to sit the exam that relates to the version of the course they have attended.
After this time, the IINS v2.0 exam will retire.