ONTAP 9 Cluster Administration and Data Protection Administration (CDOTDP9)
This 5 day course comprises the 3 day ONTAP 9.0 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM) followed by the 2 day ONTAP 9.0 Data Protection Administration (DATAPROT9) courses.
The first 3 days use lecture and hands-on exercises to teach basic administration and configuration of a cluster. The hands-on labs allow you to practice working with ONTAP features and manage your storage and network resources using the cluster shell and OnCommand System Manager.
Students spend the final 2 days learning the core technologies of ONTAP Data protection administration. You will learn how to implement and manage SnapMirror, SnapVault, and SnapLock technology which are used to replicate and restore mission-critical data in the enterprise. The course also surveys real-world scenarios and use cases to teach you when to use each of the NetApp protection solutions. Backup and restore operations are taught using the command line and OnCommand System Manager.
NOTE: This course has replaced the Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 Administration and Data Protection (CDOTDP).
- Sign up for this 5 day course and receive a FREE voucher for the certification exam. (The exam must be taken within 6 months from the start date of the training.) This offer applies to both public and private onsite sessions.
- Attend this Fast Lane course and experience a 1:1 student to lab ratio.
Who should attend
- Network Engineers
- Channel Partners
- System Engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Completion of the following web based training modules:
- ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals (WBT)
- ONTAP NAS Fundamentals (WBT)
- ONTAP SAN Fundamentals (WBT)
- ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals (WBT)
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how ONTAP 9 fits into NetApp’s Cloud and Data Fabric strategy
- Identify supported ONTAP platforms
- Define ONTAP cluster components
- Create a cluster
- Manage ONTAP administrators
- Configure and manage storage resources
- Configure and manage networking resources
- Describe a Storage Virtual Machine’s (SVM’s) role in NetApp’s storage architecture
- Create and configure an SVM
- Create and manage FlexVols
- Implement storage efficiency features
- Create protocol servers within an SVM
- Upgrade and revert ONTAP patches and releases
- Describe the levels on which ONTAP protects data
- Describe the ONTAP 9 data protection features
- Understand the various data mirroring relationships available with ONTAP 9
- Configure and operate SnapMirror and SnapVault data replication
- Demonstrate Storage Virtual Machine data protection
- Explain the components and configuration involved with SyncMirror and MetroCluster
- Describe NDMP protocol operation, configuration and management
- Pre/Post Assessment