Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.x for Exchange: Administration (EVEA)
Symantec course materials are delivered as an eBook to the participant prior to the course. To ensure a smooth course delivery please make sure you provide the participants email address correctly with the booking. Please note that participants need to bring their own laptops to the course with the ebook software and ebook license installed. If you need further information please contact our Customer Service.
Who should attend
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration/development staff who are responsible for installing, operating, or integrating Enterprise Vault within their Exchange environment.
You must have a working knowledge of Windows with some system administration experience. Basic familiarity with Exchange/Outlook is sufficient, while an understanding of SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory as a power user or administrator is useful.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Enterprise Vault.
- Describe the components of Enterprise Vault.
- Configure Enterprise Vault.
- Configure and customize Enterprise Vault client tools for Outlook, Outlook Web Access/App (OWA), and mobile clients
- Enable Vault Cache and Virtual Vault for client access.
- Archive Exchange user and journal mailboxes.
- Update and manage indexes.
- Archive the contents of personal store (PST) files.
- Monitor and maintain the Enterprise Vault implementation.
- Backup and restore Enterprise Vault data.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
The Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.x for Exchange course is designed for system administrators tasked with operating, integrating, and monitoring the day-to-day performance of Enterprise Vault within their Exchange environments. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to configure and use Enterprise Vault. Students learn about the product’s functionality and Enterprise Vault’s operations and features. Additional topics include using reports, basic management, backing up and restoring the components of Enterprise Vault, and an introduction to troubleshooting. After you complete this course, you will know how to configure, manage, monitor, and maintain Enterprise Vault.
Introduction to Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault overview
- Enterprise Vault functions
- Enterprise Vault architecture
Initial Configuration of Enterprise Vault
- Installation overview
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault server
Administering Enterprise Vault
- Using the Enterprise Vault Administration Console
- Configuring administration access
- Setting initial requirements
Configuring Vault Storage
- Archive Storage overview
- Creating a Vault Store Group
- Configuring Vault Store Partitions
- Defining sharing levels
Configuring Mailbox Archiving: Overview and Policies
- Configuring Exchange Mailbox archiving prerequisites
- Exchange mailbox archiving overview
- Configuring Mailbox policies
- Configuring Desktop policies
Configuring Mailbox Archiving: Provisioning and Processing
- Granular provisioning for Exchange Mailbox archiving
- Enabling mailboxes for archiving
- Defining retention and deletion
Managing Client Access: Outlook Clients
- Using Outlook with Enterprise Vault
- Using Outlook Add-in
- Customizing Outlook
Managing Client Access: Outlook Web Access/App (OWA)
- Outlook Web Access/App (OWA) overview
- Installing and configuring OWA extensions: OWA 2003
- Installing and configuring OWA extensions: OWA 2007/2010
- Using and supporting OWA
Managing Client Access: Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
- Vault Cache and Virtual Vault overview
- Configuring Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
- Using Vault Cache and Virtual Vault
Configuring Journal Archiving
- Journal archiving overview
- Configuring Exchange Journal archiving
Configuring and Managing Indexes
- Introduction to indexing
- Configuring indexes
- Managing indexes
Searching Enterprise Vault
- Search options
- Using Archive Explorer
- Using additional search tools
- Supporting mobile clients
- Searching with Discovery Accelerator (DA)
Migrating PST Files
- Introduction to PST migration
- PST migration tools
- Migrating with Locate, Collect, and Migrate
- Migrating with client-driven PST migration
Backing up and Recovering Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault Components to back up
- Backup options and strategies
- Using Backup mode
- Configuring collection
- Recovery procedures
Expanding Enterprise Vault
- Maintaining availability for Enterprise Vault
- Scaling Enterprise Vault environments
Monitoring and Reporting Enterprise Vault
- Monitoring with Enterprise Vault Operations Manager (EVOM)
- Using Enterprise Vault reporting
- Monitoring performance
- Performing daily tasks
Introduction to Enterprise Vault Troubleshooting
- Using Enterprise Vault server tools
- Using Enterprise Vault client tools
- Working with Symantec Support
Duration: 5 days
Prices (excl. tax):
- Sverige: 30.000 Kr
- Norway: 30.000 Nkr
- Danmark: 25.000 Dkr