This accelerated 5-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals to build the foundational administration aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment.
Learn about configuring policies, printing and basic security features as well as more advanced topics including Windows Environment Management (WEM) and App Layering.
Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment.
Also, learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with a Citrix Director and Citrix Analytics.
Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals new to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-prem or Citrix Cloud environment looking to gain as much information as possible in the 5-day course. In this course, you will learn the considerations and how-to setup a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop site including advanced topics as WEM and App Layering allowing fast-track preparation for the CCP-V certification.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
This course is taught at a much faster pace and experience with previous versions is recommended. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of Citrix Virtual Apps or Citrix Virtual Desktops is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
- How to install, configure, and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 site on-premises and on Citrix Cloud including how to migrate from on-premises to Citrix Cloud
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
- Module 1: Architecture Overview
- Module 2: Deploy the Site
- Module 3: The Apps and Desktops Images
- Module 4: Provision and Deliver App and Desktop Resources
- Module 5: Provide Access to App and Desktop Resources
- Module 6: Manage the User Experience
- Module 7: Published App and Desktop
- Module 8: Manage Printing for User Sessions
- Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- Module 10: Manage the Site
- Module 11: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Module 12: Monitor the Site
- Module 13: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Module 14: Migrate to Citrix Cloud
- Module 15: Citrix Analytics
- Module 16: Introduction to App Layering
- Module 17: Create an OS Layer
- Module 18: Create a Platform Layer
- Module 19: Create App Layers
- Module 20: Create Elastic App and User Layers
- Module 21: Deploy a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Module 22: Explore Layer Priority and Maintain an App Layering Environment
- Module 23: Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Module 24: Use WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Module 25: Use WEM for Performance Optimization
- Module 26: Use WEM to Secure Environments
- Module 27: Migrate and Upgrade WEM