This five-day course is designed to provide in-depth instruction on IP fabric and EVPN-VXLAN data center design and configuration. Additionally, the course will cover other data center concepts, including basic and advanced data center design options, Data Center Interconnect (DCI), EVPN multicast enhancements, and in introduction to data center automation concepts. The course ends with a multisite data center design lab.
This content is based on Junos OS Release 17.4R1 and 18.2R1-S3.
Who should attend
The primary audiences for this course include the following:
- Data Center Implementation Engineers
- Data Center Design Engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Advanced routing knowledge—the course or equivalent knowledge
- Intermediate switching knowledge—the course or equivalent knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced Junos CLI experience
- Describe and configure an IP fabric.
- Describe and configure an EVPN-VXLAN data center.
- Identify and configure centrally routed bridging (CRB) EVPN-VXLAN designs.
- Identify and configure edge-routed bridging (ERB) EVPN-VXLAN designs.
- Evaluate basic and advanced data center design concepts.
- Describe and configure DCI.
- Describe enhancements to multicast functionality in an EVPN-VXLAN.
- Describe the role of multicloud data center controllers.
- Course Introduction
- Data Center Fundamentals Overview
- IP Fabrics
- VXLAN Fundamentals
- EVPN Controlled VXLAN
- Configuring EVPN Controlled VXLAN
- Basic Data Center Architectures
- Data Center Interconnect
- Advanced Data Center Architectures
- EVPN Multicast
- Introduction to Multicloud Data Center
- Comprehensive Data Center Lab
- Appendix: Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Appendix: Virtual Chassis Fabric Management
- Appendix: Junos Fusion Data Center
- Appendix: Multichassis LAG
- Appendix: Troublehsooting MC-LAG
- Appendix: ZTP
- Appendix: In-Service Software Upgrade
- Appendix: Troubleshooting Basics
- Appendix: Data Center Devices