Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Advanced Implementation (GVFAI)
Who should attend
- System Administrators
- Systems Engineers
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration (GVFOC)
- Configure Flow Mapping using GigaVUE-FM Fabric Manager
- Describe the scope of GigaSMART features
- Perform configuration of advanced GigaSMART features
- Implement and configure advanced GigaSMART services and applications
- Use GigaSecure to monitor network traffic
- Implement GigaVUE-VM in a VMware environment
This two-day, hands-on course will teach you advanced implementation and configuration of Gigamon devices and services. Through this course you will learn the key features of Gigamon devices and the value of properly incorporating a Visibility Fabric into your network monitoring system. This course is the follow-on to Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration (GVFOC).
Learn how to leverage the advanced processing capabilities of the GigaSMART engine to summarize and generate NetFlow statistics from incoming traffic streams. Offloading NetFlow Generation to the out-of-band Gigamon Visibility Fabric eliminates the risk of expending expensive production network resources in generating these analytics.
With increasing demands for agility and automation in the IT infrastructure and with ever-changing threat patterns in the network traffic, there is a critical need to automatically detect, react, and respond to these threats while also integrating visibility into IT operations management. This course will teach you how to use Gigamon's technology to gain visibility into your network traffic to prevent these threats.
This course includes extensive lab exercises that will show you how to use most of the capabilities or features available from any H Series node as well as introduce you to the CLI and GUI interfaces. These capabilities and features are present without any additional licenses or special line cards. Theses labs emulate typical working environment where you will add, remove, and modify configurations rather than simply create them.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date