Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Advanced Implementation Bundle (GVFAIBDL)
This 4-day course is a combination of the Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration (GVFOC) and Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Advanced Implementation (GVFAI) courses. By taking this course, students will learn Gigamon from the ground up and also have an opportunity to explore advanced concepts. 60% of the course provides hands on experience with configuring the various features and options of the Gigamon solution.
Who should attend
- System Administrators
- Systems Engineers
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Define Visibility Platform features and applicable usage
- Deploy a GigaVUE® H Series appliance
- Deploy Gigamon Fabric Manager, GigaVUE-FM
- Perform initial setup configuration of GigaVUE H Series appliance
- Configure Gigamon Fabric Manager to manage H-Series Nodes
- Describe clustering of Gigamon Nodes
- Describe packet distribution in the Visibility Platform™
- Configure Flow Mapping® using GigaVUE-FM Fabric Manager™
- Define Gigamon solutions in cloud environments
- Describe the scope of GigaSMART® features
- Perform configuration of advanced GigaSMART features
- Implement and configure advanced GigaSMART services and applications
- Use GigaSecure to monitor network traffic
- Implement GigaVUE-VM in a VMware environment
- Test-drive deploying a Gigamon Solution in an AWS environment
This four-day hands-on boot camp is a combination of Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration (GVFOC) and Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Advanced Implementation (GVFAI). Through this boot camp you will learn the key features of Gigamon® devices and the value of properly incorporating a Visibility Fabric™ into your network monitoring system. The material covered has been recently updated to include the latest capabilities and features released from Gigamon.
Learn how to leverage the advanced processing capabilities of the GigaSMART® engine to summarize and generate NetFlow statistics and MetaData from incoming traffic streams to augment security analysis. Offloading NetFlow Generation to the out-of-band Gigamon Visibility Fabric™ eliminates the risk of expending expensive production network resources in generating these analytics and improves visibility into network areas that are remote or not cost-effective to instrument.
With increasing demands for agility and automation in the IT infrastructure and with ever-changing threat patterns in the network traffic, there is a critical need to automatically detect, react, and respond to these threats while also integrating visibility into IT operations management. This course will teach you how to use Gigamon's technology to gain visibility into your network traffic to prevent these threats.
This course includes extensive lab exercises that will show you how to use most of the capabilities and features available from any H Series node, as well as nodes configured with advanced features such as GigaSMART capapility and InLine Bypass. The course will also introduce you to configuring these features from both the CLI and GUI interfaces. Theses labs emulate typical working environment where you will add, remove, and modify configurations rather than simply create them. You will also participate in two design case studies that walk you through the considerations for implementing a Gigamon solution in both physical and virtualized environments.
Note: This course has replaced Gigamon Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration with Extended Labs(GVFOCL)
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date